We’ve got a great schedule of upcoming events for the rest of the summer. We’ve got awesome things going on at our Monday Open Studio Nights, every Monday from 6 to 8 pm, and we will be offering other classes as well. Open Studio Nights are free and open to the public. Participating in the classes and events we offer during those times will cost $10 to cover materials. Take a look at our schedule:
- 7/17/17- Open Studio Night: Beginner Hand Building Ceramics. Learn the basics on hand building ceramics. This is a great art class for the whole family.
- 7/24/17- Open Studio Night: Foam Weapon Smithing. Make a sword out of pvc, foam, and duct tape to challenge your friends.
- 7/27/17- Introductory Glass Class Part 1: Create your own rain chain or coaster set. This class will be an introduction to sheet glass, cutting, and creating an image. RSVP by emailing us at Juneaumakerspace@gmail.com.
- 7/31/17- Open Studio Night: Intro to electronics and soldering. We’ve been expanding the tool range on our electronics bench, we’ll show you how to use some of them on a nifty little project.
- 8/3/17- Introductory Glass Class Part 2. This class will focus on cold-working techniques and you will go home with your finished product.
- 8/7/17- Open Studio Night: Mason Jar Terrariums. Learn to make your own mini terrarium from a mason jar.
- 8/14/17- Open Studio Night: Show and Tell. Bring in your own project, and come see what other makers in Juneau are up to.
- 8/17/17- Board Meeting, 7 pm.
- 8/21/17- Open Studio Night: Journal Making and Paper Arts. Learn to make stellar journals and scrap books to impress your friends.
The two part Glass Class will cost $70, which covers materials and instruction. Makerspace members will get a discount. The classes are both on Thursdays from 6 to 8 pm. Pay in person, or online by going to the Donate tab and entering in the amount for the class.
Let us know what events you want to see on the calendar. With so many great events on the way, there’s no excuse not to come by your local Makerspace.