The Makerspace is going strong – and Artpocalypse is coming!
It’s been a while since we’ve sent out an update; we’ve really appreciated all your support over the last six months. We could not have stayed open to our members without you, and the Makerspace is here to stay.
There are a lot of exciting things happening at the Juneau Makerspace! We’d like to update you on our new and improved equipment and facilities, our upcoming annual fundraiser, and how we are keeping our members safe.
Artpocalypse 2020: Calling All Artists!
This year, our annual Artpocalypse fundraiser will be online; The Juneau Makerspace will be hosting an online “Secret Artist” art auction, and we need your help!
Artists will receive a piece of 5″ x 7″ media to create on, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll make. As a thank you for your help in keeping the Makerspace running, participating artists will be gifted a free month of Makerspace membership!
New at the Makerspace
While we’ve been closed to events, Makerspace members have been busy working on projects and making the Makerspace! Check out some of the stuff we’ve been up to:
- The library has a new, cozy home in the main hall
- A new Gallery Space in the main hall is the perfect place to display and promote your gorgeous art
- A new-to-us 3D printer (an Ender 3 Pro) now lives in the Electronics Lab
- The new bike repair station in the Lobby is both gorgeous and effective
- A set of new Ryobi hand tools has been added to the Woodshop
- A utility sink in the Lobby gives the outdoors space easy access to water and washing
- Two electric pottery wheels now adorn the Ceramics Studio, increasing the Space’s effectiveness and accessibility
- The Ceramics studio now boasts a sink and counter space!
We continue to do everything we can to keep the Makerspace safe and running while protecting our community with proactive COVID policies and cleaning schedules. Volunteers continue to disinfect common surfaces three times/week, and members are asked to wear masks when they are in the common space or if they are using studios with others outside their bubble. In addition, the Makerspace remains open to members only; we are not currently hosting events.
Again, thank you all so much for your support. The Makerspace continues to exist because of this amazing community.If you are not already a member but want to become one (or just learn more!), visit our website for more details.
Keep on making,