Sign up now for September’s glass class. Space is limited. Pay now using the donate tab.
We’ve got some great events lined up for our fall Open Studio Nights. If you’re looking for something to do on a Monday night, or want see the Makerspace, come on by between 6 and 8 pm. Open Studio Nights are free and open to anyone. Here’s the schedule:
August 21- Journal Making and Paper Arts. We’ll show you everything you need to know to create beautiful looking journals and other paper crafts.
August 28- Wind Chimes and Mobiles. Make a fun art project to hang outside or in. We’ll supply the material, you supply the creativity.
September 4- CNC Router build and/or class. If we haven’t finished building our new CNC router by the 4th, we’ll work on it then. If it is done, we’ll teach you how to use it.
September 11- 3D Printing Workshop. There are some new useful features we’ve uncovered about our 3D printer since the last workshop we ran.
September 18- Ceramics Pinchpots. Learn the basics of ceramics by making your own pinchpot.
September 25- Electronics Workshop. Come learn the basics of wiring your own electronics, from completing circuits to soldering connections.
October 2- Foam Weapon Smithing. Back by popular demand, make a foam and PVC sword to challenge your friends.
October 9- Pumpkin Carving. Get in the Halloween spirit by carving pumpkins, maker style.
October 16- Mask Making. The scariest part of any Halloween costume is the mask. Make yours the scariest on the block.
October 23- Costume Making/ Show and Tell. Finish up your costume with help from other makers, and show it off.
The button for purchasing recurring memberships has been fixed on our website. If you want to set up your recurring membership over paypal, please do so before the end of the month.
We will have another glass class in September due to the popularity of the last one. It will be a two part class on September 13th and 20th. We will have more details as we get closer to the date.
Sign up for the glass work class here. The classes are 6-8 on July 27th and August 3rd.
- 7/17/17- Open Studio Night: Beginner Hand Building Ceramics. Learn the basics on hand building ceramics. This is a great art class for the whole family.
- 7/24/17- Open Studio Night: Foam Weapon Smithing. Make a sword out of pvc, foam, and duct tape to challenge your friends.
- 7/27/17- Introductory Glass Class Part 1: Create your own rain chain or coaster set. This class will be an introduction to sheet glass, cutting, and creating an image. RSVP by emailing us at Juneaumakerspace@gmail.com.
- 7/31/17- Open Studio Night: Intro to electronics and soldering. We’ve been expanding the tool range on our electronics bench, we’ll show you how to use some of them on a nifty little project.
- 8/3/17- Introductory Glass Class Part 2. This class will focus on cold-working techniques and you will go home with your finished product.
- 8/7/17- Open Studio Night: Mason Jar Terrariums. Learn to make your own mini terrarium from a mason jar.
- 8/14/17- Open Studio Night: Show and Tell. Bring in your own project, and come see what other makers in Juneau are up to.
- 8/17/17- Board Meeting, 7 pm.
- 8/21/17- Open Studio Night: Journal Making and Paper Arts. Learn to make stellar journals and scrap books to impress your friends.
Join us on Monday, June 12th from 6 to 8 pm for a fun event for the whole family! Members of the 501st Legion Star Wars fan organization will be showing off their movie costumes. This is a great event for anyone who likes Star Wars, costumes, cosplay, and crafting. The costumes are self made and movie accurate. Come learn how it’s done and how you can do it yourself.